Source of antioxidants for the maintenance of skin health.
Trans-Resveratrol (250mg): Polygonum cuspidatum is part of a group of compounds called Polyphenols. Resveratrol (Dermatrol)
- is a particularly potent antioxidant that neutralizes free radical damage and allows the collagen to keep on pumping.
- has been shown to prevent UVA damage and abnormal cellular proliferation has been shown to have anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps protect skin’s surface, interrupts and helps rebuff negative environmental influences, and brightens a tired-looking complexion.
- has significant skin-calming properties that may help minimize the look of redness.
Zinc (1 mg):
- Zinc is a key part of skin’s dietary defense squad. It lessens the formation of damaging free radicals and protect’s skin’s lipids (fats) and fibroblasts- the cells that make collagen, skin’s support structure when the skin is exposed to UV light, pollution and other skin-agers.
- Zinc, which boosts immune function, may help control inflammatory response. What’s more, because Zinc regulates cell production and turnover, and can help reduces the amount of natural oil that skin produces, it may prevent pores from clogging in the first place.
- Zinc is also used for treating acne, foot ulcers caused by diabetes, leg ulcers, warts, aging skin, brown patches on the fae, herpes simplex infection and to speed wound healing.
Cautions and Warning:
The probable interaction with blood thinners should be taken into consideration. Patients taking blood-thinning medication such as aspirin, warfarin, or clopidogrel should advise their doctor that they are taking reservatrol. People undergoing surgery should stop taking resveratrol two weeks before the surgery and not take it for two weeks after the surgery to reduce the risk of bleeding.
Do not take resveratrol while pregnant and breastfeeding. There is a lack of research in this area to prove safety. Resveratrol should be avoided in children.
In some people: Zinc might cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, metallic taste, kidney and stomach damage, and other side effects. Using zinc on broken skin may cause burning, stinging, itching and tingling.
Recommended Dose: 1 Veg. Cap Daily