1 head cauliflower, cut coarsely
4 tablespoons olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 14-ounce can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
1 large yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1⁄2 cup cashew cream (See recipe below)
cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350o F. Places the cauliflower in a baking pan.
2. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil onto the cauliflower, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat lightly. Bake in the oven until tender, 35 minutes.
3. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
4. Add the onions, garlic, and coriander and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, 10 minutes.
5. Add cauliflower, garbanzo beans, stock and enough water just to cover the cauliflower by 1 inch.
6. Bring to a boil and simmer 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and let cool. Puree the soup in a blender until very smooth. Add cashew cream and season with salt and pepper.
8. If the soup is too thick, add water to correct consistency. To serve, heat the soup and ladle into bowls. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
Greeniche is committed to investing in the development of natural health products, sweeteners, and supplements that foster active and healthy living. We are defined by the health awareness we spread. Our research, methods, and minds are working to fuel the natural health in Canada.
How many times have you picked up the jar of petroleum jelly for everything from dehydrated, flakey skin, to diaper rash and thought: “there ought to be something better; something that is natural and also benefits my skin.”Read More
November 10 – 12, 2017 @ Metro Toronto Convention Centre (South Building)
If you have any questions or need help with your account, you may contact us to assist you.
To contact our Customer Service Department by phone, please call 1 888-262-0884
|There are no products|