Get your greens in! That is something that I struggle with. Even more so since I started intermittent fasting. I do eat some greens throughout the day, but just not enough. Sometimes I feel like it’s so much easier and a lot faster to drink your greens. So I came up with a simple Get Your Greens Smoothie, that gives me 3 servings of vegetables in one glass.
Plus with the help of one teaspoon of BonCare, a raw date seed powder from Greeniche, you can up the nutritional value in the Get Your Greens Smoothie. BonCare is high in fiber, 10% of the daily fiber that adults need. It’s also full of iron, antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
It’s so simple because you can add it to your food or drinks to reap the benefits and it doesn’t really change the taste!
– 1 cup organic spinach
– 1/2 cup chopped celery
– 1/2 cup cut cucumbers
– 1 tsp BonCare
– 1/4 tsp minced ginger
– 1/4 cup coconut water
– 1/2 cup of water
– 1 drop of lime essential oil or 2 tsp lime juice
1. In a blender, put in your spinach, celery, cucumbers, and BonCare.
2. Then add the water, coconut water, and lime.
3. Finally, add in the minced (or grated) ginger.
4. You can add some ice to make the drink cold. Then blend on high until you have a smooth liquid. Pour and drink right away!
– It has more of a juice consistency, so if you want it a little creamier you can add some banana, avocado or even almond milk.
– It literally just tastes like you’re drinking celery and cucumber. If you want to add some sweetness to it, watermelon is great, strawberries work too. Or you can add a sweeter of your choice.
– One way to simplify this even further is to chop up all your veggies for the week on one day. Then freeze 1/2 cup cucumbers, 1/2 cup celery, and 1 cup spinach into a ziplock back or reusable container. Make as many portions as you think you’ll have during the week and put them in the freezer. Then when it’s time to make the Get Your Greens Smoothie, throw your frozen veggies into the blender, add your Boncare, liquids, and ginger and hit blend. It’s quick, easy and already cold.
For myself, I’ll drink this Get Your Greens Smoothie around three times a week, mostly on days when I haven’t been able to eat enough greens.
How do you get most of your greens throughout the day? Share your thoughts.
Salma is a freelance writer, blogger outreach and the Director of Community Relations for South Asian Bloggers Network. Recently she launched an online magazine called The South Asian Buzz. Her blog is called The Write Balance and is all about Parenting, Kids Activities, Meal Plans to help make dinner easier, Family and anything else to do with life as a mom trying to find balance with the rest of life.
Greeniche is committed to investing in the development of Natural Health Products, sweeteners and supplements that foster active and healthy living. We are defined by the health awareness we spread. Our research, methods, and minds are working to fuel the natural health in Canada.
Laura is Greeniche’s in-house nutritionist. She is a yoga and Pilates instructor and is also an international health and wellness ambassador.Discover Laura
Greeniche invites you to 'Cultures Transcending Borders' an Exhibition by world-renowned Artist Jimmy Engineer at Mindshare Workspace at Erin Mills Mall Mississauga.Read More
If you have any questions or need help with your account, you may contact us to assist you.
To contact our Customer Service Department by phone, please call +1 877-254-5820
|There are no products|