Thanksgiving falls on the second Monday of October and is a celebration to give thanks for the many bounties of God specially the fall harvest. The holiday has evolved now as a celebration to spend time with family and friends. The Thanksgiving long weekend is coming up and here are some tips to plan a Thanksgiving party with a touch of desi!
While the Thanksgiving holiday is on Monday the Thanksgiving party can be celebrated at any of the days during the long weekend. Pick a lunch or dinner time based on the needs of your family and availability of your guests. If you have young children, plan the time based on their nap schedule.
Traditionally Thanksgiving dinner is celebrated with family. If you don’t have family close by you can also invite friends. Sometimes people have two parties, one with family and another for friends.
What’s a desi party without talking about food? Prepare a Turkey feast if you wish. However you can give your party a desi kick by preparing an alternate Turkey dish. How about some Turkey Biryani? Love this Turkey Biryani recipe by Sarah from Flour & Spice blog
Warm up your guests in the chilly weather with some black tea, pink Kashmiri chai or green tea.
If space allows plan a sit down arrangement for your guests. Most desi dinners are however quite elaborate therefore food is best served buffet style.
Use natural fall pieces to decorate each place setting. Add a beautiful centerpiece on your dinner table. Traditional desi pieces can add a pop of color.
• Check for allergies and dietary constraints of your guests before hand.
• Make sure all guests are comfortable and included in the conversation.
• If you feel the conversation is dying down, you can keep a few simple games like Dumb Charades or Taboo in mind. Play a Bollywood version of Dumb Charades for lots of fun and laughs.
• Create a playlist before hand so that there is great music in the party.
• Make sure you wear something comfortable. Keep your lipstick on hand for any quick touchups. A great pair of wipes nearby is great to take care of any messes, do quick fixes and also to take makeup off at the end of the night. I love the all-purpose Naturalene wipes because they are made from natural ingredients and gentle on the skin for the whole family.
Hope you enjoyed these tips. I wish you all a blessed Thanksgiving!
Tamania is Urdu Mom and blogs about her Canadian-Pakistani family on UrduMom.com. She shares resources to teach Urdu in engaging ways, make learning fun for children, staying in touch with cultural roots along with parenting tips, recipes and travel advice etc.
Laura is Greeniche’s in-house nutritionist, a yoga and Pilates instructor, and is also an international health and wellness ambassador.Discover Laura
All vendors participating were hand-selected and approved by our in-house Nutritionist Laura De Sanctis.Read More
If you have any questions or need help with your account, you may contact us to assist you.
To contact our Customer Service Department by phone, please call 1 888-262-0884
|There are no products|