By Samantha De La Riva, Holistic Nutritionist
If there is anything in this world that I like more than chocolate, it’s got to be the warm and delectable flavour of fresh baked brownies. Imagine enjoying that flavour without all the guilt?
I feel truly blessed to live in a day and age where this is and even more is possible. It’s possible to create a snack that has all the flavour of a nutty and savory brownie that also gives you a boost of long lasting energy! And did I mention how healthy these are?
In my recipe for vegan chocolate brownie energy bars, I use a combination of dates, almonds and walnuts. Dates contain natural sugar that leads to a slow release of glucose into the blood, as opposed to refined sugar, which causes a sugar crash. Dates are also rich in fiber. Fibrous foods give long lasting energy in the body! Almonds and walnuts allow the body to feel fuller longer, and the protein and fiber these nuts contain is highly energizing.
This recipe is so easy to put together. A food processor is required and some patience while pitting the dates. Feel free to shape these in form you want, and include the kids in the process! They will for sure love these!
1 1/2 Cup pitted whole dates
1 cup warm water
¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
¼ cup finely chopped almonds
¼ cup shredded coconut
¼ cup chopped Vegan chocolate chips
1 Teaspoon Chocolate flavorall
** add a bit of water during the processing in case the mixture becomes too dry
1. Let the dates and warm water sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. Using a food processor, combine the softened dates, chopped walnuts, chopped almonds, chopped chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chocolate flavorall, and pulse until it is all well blended for about 2 minutes.
3. Take any small to medium size pan and place plastic wrap over it. Spread the chocolate brownie mixture onto the plastic. Take a large piece of parchment paper and lightly line it with oil. Use this to push down on the chocolate brownie mixture to flatten it evenly on to the pan.
4. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Remove from fridge and slice bars into any shape, and wrap in plastic or store in an air tight container. These can be stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks, or at room temperature for about 72 hours.
Samantha De La Riva:
Based out of Ajax, Ontario, Samantha is a mother, Registered Yoga Teacher, and currently studying Holistic Nutrition at the Nutraphoria School of Holistic Nutrition. Samantha’s passion for cooking and living a healthy lifestyle has led her to where she is now. She is on a personal mission to spread the joy of eating delicious, wholesome foods and to make this accessible to families everywhere. Samantha is excited to share her knowledge on supporting our nutritional needs through eating well and taking care of our body and mind inside and out.
Naturalene is exactly what you have been waiting for! With Natural Bee’s Wax as the base, Naturalene is much more than Bee’s Wax.Learn More
Greeniche Natural Health invites you to join Annu Gaidhu for complimentary yoga classes every Thursday and Sunday morning at the MindShare WorkSpace in Mississauga!Read More
If you have any questions or need help with your account, you may contact us to assist you.
To contact our Customer Service Department by phone, please call +1 877-254-5820
|There are no products|